GBay Salmon report (not much)

Canuck

Was on vacation last week at our place near Penetang. More boating than fishing, but I did some rigging around Methodist Pt /Giants Tomb. One fish in 4 hrs. This one is about 8 or 9 lbs. Sorry about the cooler picture but this was headed for the BBQ. Love those GBay salmon. I just wish there were more around.

IMG_0130.JPG

Good job, nice fish!

We were at the tourny a few weeks back at AC Marina and the conditions on GB have deteriorated....94 people and a total of 6 fish caught...3 salmon....1.9 pounds won the tourny at 1000.00 bucks...2nd place .7 pounds...yes that was POINT 7 pounds...crazy stuff....

Azulu

Thats not good news on the AC tourney. I don't know what happened to the salmon last few years. Funny thing was I also did not get a laker. Normally I pick up a few each trip and keep a small one for the table. I marked very little baitfish this time either. Maybe the zebra's?? Anyway its kind of disappointing. I probably spent $100 on fuel to get one fish. I guess the bass fishing is good though so I guess I can always switch targets.

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like you caught the biggest and only Salmon in the lake.lol I think you may have gotten lucky. but it does seem the Salmon population is dying or adapting to different conditions. Who knows....