A Day Out in Dunnville.....

Hey all,

Pikehunter (Harry) and I decided to get out and do some fishing in Dunnville this morning. Weather was great, water was calm and it shaped up to be a great day.

We launched at Fishmasters at about 7:30 and trolled the river for a while with limited luck....i grabbed a sheapshead while Pikehunter landed at big channel cat....I laughed but karma works in mysterious ways.

We then decided to head out past the pier for a few perch....i think we grabbed 6 perch, a sheepy and a couple of white perch.....

Then we headed for some bass but got skunked both fishing and smell wise...the smell of bird turds wasn't too pleasant off the island that we were fishing...sorry don't really remember what it was called....

anyway, we headed back into the river where i FINALLY caught my first walleye...a beauty 18"er....well it wasn't that big but it was my first lol.....Karma came back and i landed a channel and Harry had a great laugh watching me struggle to unhook it....

All in all it was a great day....minus the BRUTAL sun burn i have.....i think next time i'll listen and put sunscreen on!

Some pics.....keep in mind neither of us had cameras on the water!

My first 'eye!

IMG_4954-1.jpg

The haul that Harry so generously gave me...since he didn't wanna clean them anyway! :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_4955.jpg

the before

IMG_4957.jpg

the middle

IMG_4958.jpg

the after

IMG_4959.jpg

Thanks for a great day Harry, look forward to the next one!

Dave

Edited by FishnNAutographs

What a great day on the water! :Gonefishing: And I have the sunburned arms and face to show for it! Looked in the mirror when I got home and I thought a raccoon was looking back at me! White around the eyes from sunglasses and red everywhere else. Guess next time the sunscreen goes on the face!

It was a fantastic day on the river and the big lake with FishnNAutographs...I knew karma was eventually going to come and pay a visit, that was hilarious watching you handle that catfish! You really had him hooked good! :D:clapping:

That eye looks great dressed and on the plate. Hope the meal was as a delicious as it looks.

We'll have to get back out on the water again soon.