Swivl-Eze Seating

Man, am totally bummed out!

Called my local dealer looking for a "stand up pedestal" for the front of the new boat. It is the Swivl-eze 2 3/8" type post with a push button to lock/unlock at the bottom. The one I got quoted on goes to approx 36" Guess how much they quoted me????

$217.00 no seat....just the power pedestal!!! I guess I will be standing WITHOUT the post!!

Why is this one more than double all the others? Can anyone shed some light on this one? Anyone got one laying around or a "Good Guy" connection?

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks, FT

I'm in the same boat...well, not literally but I also need to get the pole and the swivel mount (Swivl-eze 2 3/8") for my Starcraft. I didn't want the power pedestial and it was still going to cost me $150 each! I'm going to order them from Cabelas in the US.

Huh, I put in a pedestal seat a couple of weeks ago, not a power post, but I like it, and it's tall enough. Picked it up at BPS and I can promise you I didn't pay 150.00 for it! I think the seat cost me 25, and I can't remember what the post was. I'll be stopping in at BPS tomorrow and will take a look see and let you know if you want.

Maureen

Thanks to all, for the assistance.

Mo, the one I am looking for is the swivl-eze 2 3/8 series see link. I would really prefer the tallest one I can get as my son is 6'4" and I am a little less. We don't really sit at the front just usually stand & want one to basically lean against. Although once in a while my wife decides SHE wants the front & she MAY sit down. LOL

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/products/prod...eating+Hardware

I will keep looking :wallbash:

Thanks FT

Dang FT! I guess your hands are tied on this one since you want the 36" model. My Starcraft is a 2001, I had no idea they were still using the 238 series in newer boats.

Sadly, in 6-8 weeks...the fishing season will almost be over.

Blue Axela,

just got back from a metal store here in London(Unlimited Metal). The have some 2 3/8 aluminum pipe, it is basically called 2" pipe but the OD is actually 2 3/8. Got a 42"pieceof Schedule40(thick wall) for $20 & I can cut it to length for now. Just need to turn or sand down 1 end about 5 thousandths of an inch to fit the hole in the base.

It will work until I figure out the power pedestal part.

FT

EUREKA!!!

I think I may have found a possible solution!

Went to my local marine Dealer( Hully Gully) they sell Tracker & Princecraft boats. The Princecraft is the Swivl-eze system like mine and the Tracker uses a Springfield system with a keyed slot in the base & post. You cannot use the Swivl-eze on the Springfield system BUT you CAN use the Springfield pedestal system on the Swivl-eze base. The Swivl-eze base has no inner keyed(with a groove) insert.

I tried it ....ANDIT WORKS!! Better yet the Springfield 30" Power pedestal is $86 at BPS http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...__SearchResults

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions,

FT

• 1 month later...