Looking for a spot to go fishing.

Mattones

To be honest.. All I have caught this year have been Gobies and one carp. :whistling: Not very proud of it. I go fishing three times a month just off a dock at bronte or try my luck for carp at the Skyway in hamilton. Recently started fishing for the first time in over 10 years.

I'm looking for a spot to go camping or just fish for the day off the shore with the girlfriend this coming weekend. And hope to try and catch some Bass and such. So If anyone could give a name of a lake where we can just go fishing or maybe a camp site where we could go fishing this weeknd that would be great. Thanks alot!

PS: I'm looking to a small boat so I can get out there by fall haha.

From the posts I've seen about Guelph and Mountsberg Conservation areas, I would be trying there....I think they should be relatively close to your neighbourhood. Or head down to the Grand River....seen lots of good posts about the action in Dunnville....why not try it out?

How far do you want to go? Some of my favourite places (Provincial Parks) to camp and fish are Bon Echo, Murphy's Point, Arrowhead and the Pinery. Too far? Try Rockwood (small but nice). Sandbanks is awesome,but tricky to get in. Emily was decent too. I'll be going to Charleston PP soon and I'm hoping that's good. Sure looks beautiful. Let us know where you go and how it was.