Canada Day Weekend ...

What lakes are you going to be at?

In the south end of the park Many if not most lakes will have Lake trout, some will have Specks too.

But Depending on the Lake your on you may find Smallmouth, Perch, and even Pike.

Check your regs but I'm about 99.999999% sure that everything is open at that point????

The lakers will be deep, so you'll need to jig, or find a way to get your Baits down(three swivel method)

But I wouldn't bother...

That time of year you'd be much better off targeting the Bass in my oppinion.

There are some real monsters in some of those lakes especialy if you get in to some more remote lakes...

They will be less traveled and the bass are not targeted the way trout are, so you might find your self in for a real treat.

I'd look for fallen trees, reeds, and thick grass beds with gravel or sand beds.

Or the rocky points on islands, and shoals...all text book algonquin holding grounds for smallies.

If it were me...and I wish it were me LOL! :rolleyes:

I'd bring pumpkin seed tubes with bullet weights for the fallen tress, Perch colored Rapalas for the shoals, white Offset spinners for the reeds, and a leopard frog Skitter pop for the edges of the grass beds at dusk or any time in calm water.

Cheers. and good luck!

Edited by Cookslav