Rice Lake Boat ramps

big daddy

I'm new on the board, so I guess a short intro before my question is in order. I live 15 min from Lake Simcoe, almost retired, fish for everything and keep very little. Home water is Lake Simcoe, but trailer to Quinte, Parry Sound, Muskoka/Haliburton, basically wherever they're biting.

I'm planning to hit Rice Lake (walleye?) this week for the first time and would appreciate some info/locations on launch ramps/parking around Bewdley, or close to that end of the lake. (Searched the board for the last hour - lots of good discussion but not on that.)

thanks

Hey Big Daddy, welcome aboard.

There is a great launch right in Bewdley (free) but you have to park along the main road.

Moving along the North shore there are a few more launches.

Next one is at Wood Duck drive (free) just off county rd 2. All right launch but little parking and no dock.

Just East of that you can use the launch at Island view Marine, small fee and parking on site. Great launch and the owner is a nice guy. Close to Otonabee river mouth and some good fishign areas.

A little bit up the river but free launches are Micheals Cresent (free with rd parking and dock), Squirrel Creek Park( free, no dock but lots of parking), and Campbelltown ( free and lots of parking, decent dock).

Next along the way is Hiawatha, nice lauch with small fee and parking around it.

Hope these help and good luck with the fishing.

Hey Big Daddy, welcome aboard.

There is a great launch right in Bewdley (free) but you have to park along the main road.

The public launch in Bewdley beside B.J. Tackle is NOT free. There is a sign that says $5 that goes to help maintain the public launch.

If there is no one collecting money there, please hop into B.J. Tackle to pay your launch fee. Its all based no the honour system so I have seen people launch without paying. :whistling:

The public launch in Bewdley beside B.J. Tackle is NOT free. There is a sign that says $5 that goes to help maintain the public launch.

If there is no one collecting money there, please hop into B.J. Tackle to pay your launch fee. Its all based no the honour system so I have seen people launch without paying. :whistling:

Does that money really go towards maintaining the launch? :dunno: I see them take the cash, and put it in the register just like all the rest of the money. :whistling: There is no ticket given to you, and no way to keep track of who has paid, and who hasn't. I call Bull!

If they don't come and ask me for the $5, I'm not paying it.........show me what they do with it, and I might change my attitude towards it.

That launch was free for years and years.......now all of a sudden you have to pay? I also notice BJs has nice new docks in......hmmmmmm :whistling: Also, haven't seen any changes to the ramp!

I always go into the tackle shop, and spend my money there, but if I don't get asked for launching, I won't pay it.

Sinker