has anyone used cocoons polarized glasses?

SBCregal

well, as the topic says im looking for opinions on cocoons polarized glasses that fit over prescription glasses.

I've been lookng at a few different sunglasses that fit over Rx lenses and i've seen a few good reviews online for cocoons

the style looks alright, and the price definitely beats getting polarized Rx sunglasses :)

these things seem to fit the bill...lemme know!

Guest lundboy

a bit clunky, but better than those previous ones that mostly seniors wear. Not much better though. You can try them out at Basspro, they have a whole rack full near the jewelery counter. (assuming you live in the GTA)

Edited by lundboy

I don't like the looks of them in any style, way too big and goggle-like. It's the kind of stuff you basically won't ever wear in public places.

4 years ago, i finally went with Rx Maui Jim sunglasses. I'm on my 2nd pair now and won't ever look back. For the longest time, I went with contacts and regular sunglasses. Then i tried the kind with magnetic "clip on" that are a perfectly matched shape that sits in front of the clear Rx lens. These are good but from certain angles, light gets in between the 2 lenses and bounces around creating glare. And of course there are the transitions type and the curse of those is they take too long to clear up when you go indoors on a bright day. The other bad thing about "Transitions" is they don't darken except in direct exposure to sunlight so they won't work when you're driving or if you're on a boat in the cabin looking out. A new product called "drivewear" (I think) remedies this as it darkens with simple exposure to UV so they will work in the shade while driving or sitting on a covered porch or boat or whatever. I would seriously look at any of the alternatives leaving cocoons as the very last option.

...come to think of it, i'm not sure transitions are even available with a polarized option because polarizing tints a lens by design. ...so scrap that choice.

Edited by j ace

hrm, thats what i was worried about really. the size/bulk of them. i mean, im not getting them for fashion purposes :)

i just wanna be able to see while im on the water, and of course protect my eyes. i was out at belwood for the day a few weeks ago for the derby there, and after i got off the water it felt almost like i had mild welders flash (i wasnt wearing any sunglasses at all, just my Rx ones). it'll be strictly for fishing really so as long as they're comfortable, and dont feel like they're gonna fall off they may be alright. i'm heading to bps this weekend so i'll take a look at what they got there. does anyone know of a comparable product, or something different that'd do sorta the same trick.

ryan

I have them and they work very well. For $20 at Lebaron its hard to beat. In fact I have 2 pair, 1 in the car and 1 in the boat. That way I always have a set.

Not as good a true prescription glasses but hey its $20 vs like $200. And you can take them off when night comes.