May 31 / June 1 - Long Reach / Hay Bay results

superdad

MuddlerMan and I headed out on Saturday afternoon to try our luck and try some planer board trolling. Began our troll just a little north of the Big Willow on the High Shore (Directly across from Thompsons Pt) and went down wind(northward).

We had the boards out 100' from the boat with a couple of different lures at the end. We had just reached the north end of Grandfather Cove and one of the lines went off. I reeled in the board and brought a fine 17" speciman to the net.

It had taken my trial lure..........

Continued trolling and within 5 minutes the other rod went off and MuddlerMan landed another 17" walleye at the end of his CC shad.

We trolled northward and 20 minutes later, the rod with the trial lure went off again..... I landed a really 21" walleye.

We trolled almost to Hogsback Shoal and the trial rod went off again, MuddlerMan was all over it and landed another 17" beauty....

We had trolled for approx 2 hours and landed four nice fish.

The trial lure was a Michigan Stinger in a Kivorkian pattern. This is what it looks like:

SH87.jpg

I've been carrying those in my tackle for two years and never had the proper time or required patience to use them at length. Well, they work like a charm and will be part of the arsenal from now on.

The storm clouds were blowing in the from the NorthWest and we beat it back to the dock and we beat the huge storm that blew thru on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday morning, PerfectlyPat, MuddlerMan and myself headed off again to try some things, BUT the winds from the south-west were too strong, so we decided to use the Uzick Spinner and troll the area off the Old Church Launch Ramp.

The wind was wicked and everyone was running upwind and trolling downwind. There was one guy in a beige boat who continued to drive at full throttle thru the pack of boats and turn and fish downwind- his actions were not appreciated by the 10 or so boats fishing there.

We caughta pair of eyes in our first two passes and on the third, MuddlerMan landed a 17 incher. We trolled there for 2.5 hhrs and decided to try the north shore in the lee.

As we trolled past BayBoys residence, She yelled "Big Fish On", she fought the walleye and brought it to the net and it was destined for the pan.

0601A-PerfectlyPat3.5lber.jpg

We thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fish on Monday evening.

We concluded the sunday fishing at 1230 with a total of five landed fish. Everyone was pleased with the results of the day.

All fish on Sunday were on the Orange Uzick Spinner.

That was all the fishing for the weekend as we watched the wind and rain. Hope to be back out next week and try those new Mustad Hooks.

Stay Tuned