OFN kids day fishing?

Oldest would be in for sure depending on location :)

Would also sponsor event for say food or something.

Caught his first two fish lastnight trolling and reeled in himself :)

curtis1_123.jpg

curtis2_106.jpg

Great pics...

I am open to helping with some kind of prizes for all the kids too.

splashhopper

As for a location, we are open to both the Long Point and the Hamilton location.

If we get some families from the Toronto region,( BIG HINT TO CLIFF AND BLY AND FAMILY :whistling: )location due to the driving times.

Splashhopper and Botbot

I have refrained from replying because I had to check our summer schedule. I think it's a great idea....problem is finding free time.....

As it's turning out, I'm booked until August....and 2 of the 4 weekends in August are already booked. One that is not booked is the long weekend, but I'm sure lots of other people already have plans for then. We already have our little one in a kids tourney....albeit not an OFC tourney for the first weekend in July. I'd say go ahead and plan, and if some of our plans get canceled we can show up....I'd hate to committ now and then not show.

I have refrained from replying because I had to check our summer schedule. I think it's a great idea....problem is finding free time.....

As it's turning out, I'm booked until August....and 2 of the 4 weekends in August are already booked. One that is not booked is the long weekend, but I'm sure lots of other people already have plans for then. We already have our little one in a kids tourney....albeit not an OFC tourney for the first weekend in July. I'd say go ahead and plan, and if some of our plans get canceled we can show up....I'd hate to committ now and then not show.

okaaay Cliff... at least i "got a hit on the BAIT" i put out ! lol

lol

The best game I have ever saw for kiddies and keeps your work down also.

1cornhusk.jpg

For the Belle River Chapter of Muskies Canada we do a fishing clinic and help out with two different fishing derbys (one for many years and just added another this year) they are held at the Belle River boat launch and marina there is a splash pad there for the kiddies to get wet a beach and tipical park area. The best thing is there are alot of HUGE trees that shelter you from the sun as in the past years we have had some hot days last year it was over 90 in the am and looking to be a bad day but with the shade and water it saved everyone.

Like Brian said keep it about the kiddies and think of them when doing stuff just because you are not having fun or it does not interest you DO IT ANY WAY and then look into there eyes you will receive the best gift from the gleam they will have. One thing fish a bit then chase frogs or play a bit then back to fishing let them dictate what you are doing that day as its there day. The will remember it for the rest of there lives. Bring lots of drinks for everyone as many will for get this stuff.

I too would be interested in this, My almost three year old loves to fish! be it from the dock or the boat,

I would be willing to help organize such an event,

A quick suggestion?? it would be nice to find a place that might also allow camping? then we can make it an adventure! fish during the day, have a "family meal" group activities etc... Bring our wives so they can mingle and meet one another etc..

Or we could just organize a quick tourney for the kidlets... I think Binbrook Conservation area would be ideal for something like this.. large pavillions, Easy shore fishing access all over the lake, boats are allowed (no Gas motors) and a playground..

If some are into the camping Idea as well.... say for a night or two..?

just throwing thoughts out there..

G