First 2008 Report / Mini fish pics

Well I finally had my first opportunity to get out on the water this year. My next-door neighbor and a friend of ours (who both retired from the same company I work for), took the day off to hit a local river. Both of them just like to lay back, throw out a worm and bobber and see what bites. Not all that exciting, but it was a great day on the water with great friends, good jokes and laughs, and some fish. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them were bigger than my hand. Bass does not come into season for another few weeks yet, so we had to target panfish mainly. This also gave me a good opportunity to get the boat out and make sure everything is in working order. Thankfully it is. Also gave me a couple more chances to work on my backing-up skills with the boat - which went pretty good I must say.

Scenery Pic:

gallery_296_59_3261.jpg

My buds cookin up a little shore-lunch that we brought along:

gallery_296_59_14931.jpg

Hoggin' up the boat with all their 'stuff'. I told them it looked like I just finished a day on the water with my 6 grandkids. Messy ... messy ... messy. But we had a great day together.

gallery_296_59_37172.jpg

Poor Larry, he took the brunt of all our jokes and shenanigans. He wasn't doing too well in the afternoon, so as I caught a pan fish, I was sure to release it right in front of him ... just in case he forgot what a fish looks like.

gallery_296_59_44188.jpg

Oh Yeah .... I need to find that smallest fish post. Mine would be a great addition.

gallery_296_59_4613.jpg

I did manage to catch my very first stripped bass, actually caught three. Being OOS, we didn't even take any pics. All in all, a great day on the water and future trips are being planned. Although we were just dinking around, I was never on this part of the river before, so this gave me a chance to search out a new few spots to hit when bass season comes in and gain some understanding of the layout and structure.

Edited by Rich Clemens