May 24 -25 - Hay Bay Fishing

superdad

After a terrible week of weather, Muddler Man and myslf were able to get out Saturday afternoon for a fish. Headed to Shermans Pt to see what we could do there. Saw a couple of fish landed by some friends, but we couldn't attract anything.

Trolled downwind and MuddlerMan hit a 14 incher in Carp Cove deep in the weeds as the wind was pushing us. Trolled eastward past the Kingscourt weedbed and past Perfect Vue. Just east of Perfect Vue, in fact in front of BayBoys house, Muddlerman had a real good pull and we netted a 29.5" pike, around 7lbs - released.

Trolling continued and within 15 minutes, we landed three more walleyes, a pair for the box (16" & 17"). Headed back to the dock at 1915 after three hours of trolling with a total of 5 fish landed.

On Sunday morning, we headed back out and decided we'd try the weedline in front of the Old Church. As we approached the area and were getting the lines ready, we marked a number of fish, baitfish and fish feeding, so we thought we'd troll thru them.

A couple of missed strikes told us to hold the line and we continued trolling the 20' level. Muddlerman landed two walleyes, before we completed our first trolling pass. After we turned and headed back,I was able to land one and then MuddlerMan landed another.....

The winds picked up and on our last downwind troll, he hit another walleye, he was HOT..... another day and he had 4 of the 5 fish landed.

We called it a day at 1230 and headed to the dock for a picture.

0525B_Superdad-MuddlerManandcatch.jpg

Our totals were for 7 hours fishing - 10 landed fish and several hooked and lost. We were pleased.

All the fish were taken on the Orange Uzick spinner with a 3/8oz bullet sinker and a plastic worm.

We've got some things to try next weekend and are hopeful that the hype for the latest product from Mustad will live up to it billing.

Stay Tuned

Good to hear your doing so well on the Bay as always David.

I was looking for you up in the flats at the east end on the 18th, but they're were a ton of boats up there.

We did real well over by Glenn after dark trolling minnow baits with the biggest pickeral coming in at 10 pounds.

She's still there too :thumbsup_anim:

Great report David..very encouraging and info filled to boot.

This past monday evening I tied about 1/2 doz spinners with the new Mustad.

I casted a few off the back dock to check them out and the action is so completely diff then the norm...Im thinking it'll be a great product...can barely wait for the weekend to try 'er out for some eyes.

Thanks again for a great report.