Lake Erie Central Basin

The surface temps are finally warming up and my favorite fishing hole is already showing some spotty catches of Rain Bow Trout and Walleye. The pier at port Glasgow has started to produce good catches of perch as well. Here is some photos of what to expect when fishing lake Erie out of port Glasgow. All of these fish were caught on Nitro Spoons Last July. Most days we produced good catches like the ones in the photo.

I like to check the Port Stanley Buoy before planning a trip the. the Surface temp is up 7f the last 2 days.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?...5132&unit=E

erie3_352.jpg

erie_2_1032.jpg

Edited by Reel Nauti Pirate

The surface temps are finally warming up and my favorite fishing hole is already showing some spotty catches of Rain Bow Trout and Walleye. The pier at port Glasgow has started to produce good catches of perch as well. Here is some photos of what to expect when fishing lake Erie out of port Glasgow. All of these fish were caught on Nitro Spoons Last July. Most days we produced good catches like the ones in the photo.

I like to check the Port Stanley Buoy before planning a trip the. the Surface temp is up 7f the last 2 days.

which side of the pier are they catching the perch from and what are they getting em on.

thanks

splashhopper

London,ON

what temp should i be looking for the perch to start up in Pt Stanley area?

thanks

splashhopper

London,ON

Aside from the temp crash during the early hours today and the cooler weather expected tonight things should stabilize by the weekend. The perch and more importantly the bait fish are already showing up in numbers from Port Stanley to Erieau. 53-57f is ideal perch fishing temps. The fish being caught in Port Glasgow are all along the pier look for the people fishing and pick a spot. :thumbsup_anim: