Lovesick lake .... information!

Let's see, you're going to LOVESICK lake with your GIRLFREIND, hmmmmm, imagine the possibilities for punny jokes...... ;):jerry::whistling:

Sorry, I know nothing about this lake, now regarding being lovesick......

Edited by hometownhandyman

I have only been once, a few years ago in the fall. A small lake, but quite pretty with very clear water. I caught a few small muskys, a small bass, and no pickeral.

Lots of small islands. There is a nice trench between two of the bigger islands.

Lots of shallower flats and bays that get very weedy in the summer.

There is a main dam on the west side, with a smaller dam at the NW corner of the lake. Good current flow coming in at both, but check the regs, I can't remember if one or both are sanctuaries for a bit. Both dams have deep holes. The little dam empties into a little bay with shallow flats around the edges. Sorry, can't really help w/ lures.

Good luck, Andy

Edited by Andy

Fished LoveSick twice last summer, was camping near there this weekend.

Did well for bass, although the average size seems to be smaller than the other lakes. For walleyes I heard the dam in the west part of the lake is good at night. Plenty of islands to fish around, good luck!

Fished it a couple times last year. Found loads of panfish near the locks if your looking for that. Was also told that you can get the eyes there (there's a big basin just out from the locks) but I can't attest to that as we just got panfish and some bass along with a small muskie.

Lovesick is small and, in the summer, very weedy. There are good Bass and Musky in Lovesick but both are, as you know, currently OOS.... I'm not interested in Walleye, and I have never fished it for Crappie, but they are in Lower Buckhorn and Stoney and Lovesick joins those two, so I don't see how they couldn't be there. I know of a couple of nice camping spots on "Black Duck" the big island. They are free and first come first served, so be early!!! There are either five or six small dams between Lower Buckhorn and Lovesick, so you have lots of places to try. The lake is fairly safe, but if you don't have a chart, stay in the channel when on plane, there are some huge rocks and rock piles!

PM me if you want details on any of this.

Good Luck

Garry2Rs