Need walleye lake advice

bp swing

Thanks. Ive been up there a few times ( Parc Laverendrye)and you are right it is outstanding. The licence and park permits are getting out of hand though for a non resident. Its like they are discouraging you from coming. I thought this board was for Ontario? I need a lake 2-3 hrs from the St. lawrence. Anybody?

Thanks. Ive been up there a few times ( Parc Laverendrye)and you are right it is outstanding. The licence and park permits are getting out of hand though for a non resident. Its like they are discouraging you from coming. I thought this board was for Ontario? I need a lake 2-3 hrs from the St. lawrence. Anybody?

Solopaddler is one of the most knowledgable and well travelled anglers on our board. He was certainly not steering you wrong. Two-three hours in any direction from 1000 Islands except West will get you out of Ontario.

Send an e-mail to Mike the Pike, look him up by using the feature above that says members, and type in that name. He lives in your area, and I'm sure would be willing to accomodate you.

Mike the Pike lives 3.5 hours from 1000 Islands.

Welcome aboard BP Swing.

Roy I never said solo paddler was steering me wrong. I know first hand what a quality fishery the Cabonga is. Problem for me is its a 12 hr drive. I live in NY near Rochester. What I was referring to is the Quebec license and parc laverendrye permits are so expensive for non residents, its a joke. If they really wanted the tourism, it would be priced in line with the rest. Thanks for the suggestions, well go somewhere perhaps Big Gull or a future suggestion. BP

Yes it's an Ontario based board, but you said 2-3 hours from the Thousand Islands.

Obviously you're familiar with Cabonga, there's several other fantastic walleye lakes in the same general vicinity.

Yes, it's a longer drive.

Yes, it's more expensive (for a non resident).

But hey, do you want to take your son fishing, OR do you want to actually catch fish. Big difference...

I'll take one more stab at answering your question now that I know it's specifically Ontario you're interested in.

Big Gull has been mentioned already, it's part of the Mississippi River system. A bit better IMO is Crotch Lake part of the same watershed.

It's shoreline is largely undeveloped and it's a very beautiful lake:

http://www.virtualnorth.com/tumblehome/

You'd have a great fishing trip there...but still you'd do a lot more catching in QC.

Good luck in your search.