Hamilton/Burlington/Oakville

Benti_11

Hey, just getting back from school and the last few weeks have got really into fishing in st catharines area, wondering if anyone could help me out with a few good locations in hamilton burlington oakville, just general i know people do not like to give their spots up but a general idea would help. Thanks a lot and if anyone would like to meet up and go that would be great, im very inexperience but love to fish.

What both are on Lake Ontario? Please be specific.

Grindstone Creek flows into Cootes Paradise...which is the back part of Burlington Bay, in the Dundas, Waterdown areas

One Cootes Paradise access point is from the end of Longwood Road in West Hamilton near McMaster University.

This is shore fishing and as kids, we never had a net for the Carp and Catfish we caught.

There are better fish there now, but I wouldn't worry if you don't have a net.

However, I would take needle nose pliers so I can remove the hooks from a Pike without risking my fingers..

You don't need a net for the Perch at Bayfront Park. You are fishing in Hamilton Harbour/Burlington Bay, at the west end of Lake Ontario.

The Park is entered off of Bay Street North in down town Hamilton, beside a restaurant called Hutch's....

There are Bass, which are not in season yet, Pike and the odd Steelhead there too. For those, a net might be handy, but those needle nose pliers would be more important to me...grin.

If your fishing near the boat launch, with minnows and a bobber, you will catch Perch, and I wouldn't worry about a net.

If you do get a Pike etc. someone who has a net will help you, or you will land the fish in a spot where you can drag it ashore etc.

This is a Park, so there are board walks, benches, picnic tables etc.

Bronte Creek runs into Lake Ontario at the town of Bronte, near Oakville.

There is fishing at the mouth, people cast from a high pier, into the harbour area.

There is also fishing up stream near the QEW bridge at Hwy 25.

Credit and Humber are to far East for me, someone from Hog Town will need to comment on them.

There is fishing at the Canal, below the Lift Bridge. The Canal joins Lake Ontario to Burlington Bay/Hamilton Harbor.

I haven't been fishing there many years but people used to fish from both side and I know there's a boat ramp on the Bay side.

Good Luck

Garry2Rs

hey I'm form Burlington as well. Just starting to fish again for the first time in 9 years. I'm 20. If your down for fishing once or so a week I'm down. I'm actually going to head down to that Hutches area tonight and try it out.

im in bronte as well...soon to be downtown burlington right near the lake (scored a sweet apt there)

i was down under the lakeshore bridge today just to wet the line and try out my new baitcast setup...darned birdsnests!..oh yeah, back on topic

i was thinking of trying the marsh there for carp this yr, seems like ideal habitat (i know for a fact they're in there actually) according to the regs, theres no longer a sanctuary from lakeshore to the old bridge at rebecca, but there is still no fishing signs up, dunno if they just havent been removed. i tried calling the aurora office of the mnr (was REAL suprised to find out that it's my "local" office) but couldnt get a straight answer.

i'd be down for some fishing with anyone in the area occasionally too. dont have a ton of fishing experience, but know the area quite well. especially where to go for wings and a cold one when we're done

pm if anyones down

ryan

i think it's a little late for that, saw a couple guys out there yesterday but didnt see anything caught

not quite sure...never fished trout.

i am looking for a carp spot around there, never targetted or caught one, hear they're alot of fun

Yup, that sanctuary is FINALLY lifted this year (was a political move years ago by property owners). Used to be some decent bass fishing in that marsh, looking forward to seeing if that's still true.

It's a little late for trout off the piers, but pike opens this weekend. There's a couple of dandy's around the marina.

I just came back form fishing at the boat release near Hutched. Stayed for 2 hours through the rain like an idiot with only a rain jacket. haha I only got a few nibbles.

I have yet to catch anything.

SBCregal and Benti we all should go out this weekend or one evening.