Haliburton today....

Jigger

Just got back from the cottage. Was kind of hesitant to bring the boat up just for the day, what with the forecast being so crummy. But I knew that if I didn't bring it, I would have woken up to mile high blue skies and been kicking myself for not bringing it. The plan was to get into some good laker action today. But alas, it wasn't to be. the winds were blasting from the East last night and switched to a strong South wind today. You'd think that would be favourable but I couldn't find one for the life of me. Every single spot yielded fish, don't get me wrong. But at this time of the year smallies and muskie don't count. I did pick up a new Stradic which handled the ski and smallmouth with ease.The drag on it is awesome. I tried deep, shallow, jigging, jerking, trolling, casting....nada. Husky Jerks accounted for all fish. Water was a balmy 42deg. Also tried Berkleys Vanish Transition line and exept for one fish that broke me off(I didn't re-tie after the 'ski) handled very well also.

Guess its piking time now.