Little Redstone Lake

setomonkey

Hi all, posted a while ago about a cottage we were going to be renting on Kashawigamog, but we had to rebook because of a scheduling conflict. We're now going to be at a cottage on Little Redstone Lake in late July.

Any OFNCers know this lake and willing to share some general advice on what kinds of structure to look for? And if you happen to up around that time, let me know if you'd be interested in meeting for a few hours on the water...

Thanks, Mike

Never fished it but I have a cottage on a neighboring lake about 20 minutes away. I would suspect its pretty similar to my lake, lake trout and smallmouth bass, rocky, deep, clean clear water, not much in the way of weeds and not much in the way of forage fish like minnows. I mostly fish around islands, points, drops, shoals (the usual). By July the lake trout will be down at least 35-50 feet. My lake is a pretty good trout lake but only good for numbers of bass. There is also the Halibuton Forest approx 10 minutes from Little Redstone, take a canoe in for lots of back lakes and scenery (daily fee however).

Lots of bass in Little Redstone. I only fished it a couple of times, but it was a blast. There were largemouth as well as smallies. Don't go out thinking that your in for a weekend of hawgs, but you won't be dissapointed in the numbers. Not that there arent big fish there, there might be. But from what I remember, most of the bigger fish were 1.5-2lb range. Redstone is a different story. Some big smallies in there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...