Lake Scugog - Gorski's Landing

marcers75

Need input about Lake Scugog and Gorski's Landing, on how this location will fair during the walleye opener. Right now I have plans to go to Rice Lake and fish close to the Indian river but because of Mother's Day may need to go to Scugog as its closer.

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated, or would it be better to launch from port perry marina.

Thanks

Bigger fish in rice , but should still be lotts of smaller males around gorskies . Trade off of big or more . Allso with the bog so close to TO more boats to contend with I would go to rice and save the bog for a week day down the road .I would launch at port perry and fish the west side of the island on my way up

Edited by capt bruce

Boat Launch at Goreski is good. You dont need to go far to find deep water. drifting the flats. Sometimes slow trolling is great.

If you go east side of the lake, Pine Point is always good for jigging. GO find 6~7 FOW. There is free launch at Caesarea.

I would fish the opposite side of lake, you could drive to the end of island road and launch there I have never launched there but lots of people do.

I have always found if you can find some green weed you will usually find some Walleye.

I will be out on the opener and I plan on trying the sand bar and perhaps trolling some weedlines in the Scugog river area if that fails I will try something new (for me) dropshot rigging for eyes in some of the deeper channel areas.