Anyone up in the Red Lake area who can help me out with a question about ice out?

Well Connie the recent reports from the pilot on the Viking outpost blog sure are encouraging,hopefully Kevin will just be able to pick us up and take us into camp normally just like any other week without having to do anything different because of ice issues. Late last week i was starting to make plans to do something else during my vacation week because it just was not looking good for the trip but after this recent news it is a full go ahead and i am going to get on that plane to Winnipeg Monday morning no matter what i hear for the rest of the week!

• 3 weeks later...
My predictions came true, but I was lucky. We went in minutes after wind blew ice away from the dock at Little Vermilion.

Thanks Mr. Sun and thanks Ms Wind.

Glad to hear that Connie. I wasn't as lucky. My lake of choice was still a solid chunk of ice on our May long weekend. I was forced to fish for Walleyes for the first time in about 20 May long weekends. Despite freezing winds, we did quite well. I enjoyed it. I was fishing a little southeast of you near Ignace.