Getting ready to install new boat stereo

Muskieman

I decided to buy a new stereo for the boat... KOSS C/D player receiver [ It will mostly play my satellite radio] 64.62$... @ CTC.. perfect color matches the boat..

I then bought a weatherproofing flap for the front of my player for 34.60$, it matches the boat too

I then bought a rubber mat to weather-proof it from the back from seepage ..7.43$

I bought 4x 4 1/2" Powerbass 65w weatherproof speakers for 42.41$ per set.=84.82$

I've bought 3/8" loom, clips,shrink tube ,liquid electrical tape,dielectric grease, barrel & butt connectors[for quick removal], electrical tape, silicone for the vibration and a new retractable antennae, bi-metal jigsaw blades, in line fuses; invoice # 93051263 = 52.76$

Here's where it gets nasty... I tried to borrow and rent one... 4 1/2" bi-metal hole saw ..32.45$

1/2'' shank pilot hole attachment 13.66$...

ALL PRICES ARE WITH TAX

Grand total for the install is ... drum roll....329.40$$$ :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I didn't install it yet ..upcoming weekend project...

I think I've got all I need... at least I hope so.

Pre-tested and will sound great....

I'll post pics of the install.

All this 'cause there was a C/D player on sale at crappy tire.

I am doing the same Randy,

I picked up a marine stereo from BPS.. during their Spring sale... cost 169.00

here is the link albeit from cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

I then picked up a weather proof enclosure on a gimble for 59.00 and a antenna from Cabelas total cost 98.00

Here is the unit (enclosure) I picked up... http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

as I refuse to put 5-1/8" holes in my boat I am building two small 8" boxes out of marine plywood and finished to be water tight to house the speakers

Nice thing is I can hook up my ipod to it and it plays mp3 cd's

G