Lake Simcoe Muskie Restoration Project - Netting

Chris Purdy

Good Morning

A while back, I responded to a post about the Lake Simcoe Muskie Restoration Project (LSMRP). In some of the ensuing replies, several OFNers indicated they would like to volunteer to assist OMNR biologists with the netting that is done to gather eggs for the stocking programme, and I promised to provide some information when it became available.

I've now received the dates from Brad Allan who organizes the volunteers. The netting will take place from Monday, April 28th through to Friday, May 16th EXCLUDING weekends. If any OFNers would like to volunteer, please send an e-mail to Brad at: [email protected] and let him know the dates you could be available.

I think it's a good indication of how much folks have enjoyed the work, and how much support this project has, that Brad has already warned us he will likely have more volunteers than he has days available, so sign up soon if you'd like to spend a day netting!

Sorry about the short notice, but the timing all depends on water temperatures - tough to predict anything weather related this year!

Chris Purdy

President

Muskies Canada Inc.