Ready for Caesars Lodge!!

Ricz24

Anybody who's ever been, and travelled the whole way to the lodge, on the beautiful dirt road i've heard so much about!!!! Any tips pictures or videos would be cool. Just wanna know what we're up against. lol

thanks guys!!!

whatever you do dont pack the vehicule with too much stuff the cloava and parent roads can be very un forgiving..other than that youll have a blast.. i should be heading up in about 10-15 days

thanks.. where abouts are you going?? and how come so early

ice is still white but they barely got any snow this winter compared to us in montreal..maybe 2 feet max, its been quite warm up there for the last 2 weeks so i predict ice out should be around may 10th which is quite early for the area! if you want numerous walleye i would consider briging leeches atleast a pound or 2..you just rig it up with a jig head or jig head/plastic/leach or buy lindy rigs

ice is still white but they barely got any snow this winter compared to us in montreal..maybe 2 feet max, its been quite warm up there for the last 2 weeks so i predict ice out should be around may 10th which is quite early for the area! if you want numerous walleye i would consider briging leeches atleast a pound or 2..you just rig it up with a jig head or jig head/plastic/leach or buy lindy rigs

Appreciate the info dude.. can't wait to get out there! Our five days start on the 16th of may on Lac Simard. Hopefully you're right about the date the ice will recede, don't want anything to spoil my first time to a trophy location. Question for you i know you've revealed some of your tactics already, but since your from the area and a GUIDE..lol where could i find the walleye this time of year, (depth,cover, water temp. ?) few have told me they have trouble locating them. Thanks appreciate all your time, hope you have a great season, and hope to keep in touch, will definetly send you some pics of our trip. Take care!

Ric

check it out if your interested, one of my best catches!

well im in the gouin area but with the lake beeing so good im completely at the eastern side which is a good 5 hours boat ride from you lol but still what works in the east works in the west. to be honest on opening youll realllly have to work hard for your eyes since they will have just finished spawning and the water will still be cold but they are still there dont be worried, from my expirience i would check back bays with sand (since sand always warms faster) or bays that have creeks or rivers flowing in since thats what they will use to spawn but be aware that on gouin theres certain spawning areas that are closed till the end of may(if they are closed you will see white signs on shore stating this). water temp will be anywhere from 35-50...try and find the warmest possible at that time of the year, and drift slowwwwwwwly when fishing...since the fish are still sluggish. so a little recap lol shallow sandy bays where spawn occured,5-10 feet of water,and drift slowly with leeches and you should do amazing.. if ya have any other questions feel free to ask cant wait to see the pics

p:s if i can get my camera working il take a picture of my map and put potential areas maybe worth exploring and send it to you

well im in the gouin area but with the lake beeing so good im completely at the eastern side which is a good 5 hours boat ride from you lol but still what works in the east works in the west. to be honest on opening youll realllly have to work hard for your eyes since they will have just finished spawning and the water will still be cold but they are still there dont be worried, from my expirience i would check back bays with sand (since sand always warms faster) or bays that have creeks or rivers flowing in since thats what they will use to spawn but be aware that on gouin theres certain spawning areas that are closed till the end of may(if they are closed you will see white signs on shore stating this). water temp will be anywhere from 35-50...try and find the warmest possible at that time of the year, and drift slowwwwwwwly when fishing...since the fish are still sluggish. so a little recap lol shallow sandy bays where spawn occured,5-10 feet of water,and drift slowly with leeches and you should do amazing.. if ya have any other questions feel free to ask cant wait to see the pics

p:s if i can get my camera working il take a picture of my map and put potential areas maybe worth exploring and send it to you

Once again, appreciate it.. your honestly the most sencere, and unselfish fisherman i've talked to. Will catch a monster for us both. Thanks alot. Can't wait to let the other three guys in our group this info, they are itching to get out too!! Talk to u soon.....

IMGP0752.jpg

if you noticed theres 2 lake after simard , these are part of the resevoir gouin. i know caesars has a portage from simard-lake miller(gouin) so youd have to ask them about that..oh yeah one last tip the best wind for fishing in our area is a south wind, during a south wind find the shoreline where the wind hits..usually the fishing will be hot there since the wind bring in all the minnows real shallow and the walleyes follow

im pretty sure anything around gouin that is accesible im high water is part of it, i would check with your outfitter especially like i mentioned before gouin has some restricted spawning areas untill the end of may

The topographical map of the Gouin I have shows Lac Simard as a landlocked lake very close to the Gouin but not connected to the Gouin. However, as carll2 stated, a portage into Lac Miller provides you access to Gouin waters. From Lac Miller, you can navigate to Lac du Mâle, the most recognizable part of the Gouin in that area.

Thanks Tomcat.... You don't have a jpg of that area by any chance would you? Carl gave me one and pointed out some spots, which was very nice of him, but if you have something a little different i'd love to see it! Thanks again... You fish with any of the outfitters before?

Hi Ric:

Here's an image from Google Earth (from approx 42000 feet) showing Lac Simard, Lac Miller and their spatial relationship to the Gouin Reservoir. Not much different than Carll2 already posted.

Lac_Simard_GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Anyone can download the free version of Google Earth to view lakes and surroundings from any practical altitude you choose. You can also note coordinates and input them into a GPS unit for use when actually on the lake. My experience on the Gouin is with only one outfitter, Nemio's. Nemio's provides access to walleye fishing in the Nemio River and more importantly in Baie du Nord.

Hey carl, my name is Fil and im one of the guys heading up with Ric to caesars lodge. Thanks for all the great tips. we would love for you to join us on Simard! well be on the lake from the 17th to the 22nd if any time your up there and wanna find us!

i had a question on your map. what are the red stars? we also have access to the small lake directly below simard and the two to the left, any spots worth trying?

also, sorry bout all the questions, were all pumped up and wanna have an awesome and successfull first time trip lol, i was wondering what are the most pruductive jig head clours on the leeches are?

once again thank you for shinning alot of light on our trip! we were worried that we would be iced out! (still a chance but your insight makes us feel better about it)lol

hey no problem on the tips...id love to come see you guys but like i was saying its all the way on the other side of the reservoir and would cost too much on gas, but if you guys like the area and would like to come back to gouin theres plenty other lodges in the area where i guide.

on the map the red starts indicate dangerous rocks or rock islands that should be avoided(gouing has alottttt of these areas) since its basically a flooded river.i wouldent worry about the ice it will be gone, should be gone about a week before you guys arrive, but as a tip for next trip to gouin try and make it for the end of may beggining of june, in those dates you cant go wrong.

jig head colors id say number 1 is definately orange..charteuse and white

but if youll be fishing leeches i also recommend this

http://www.lindyfishingtackle.com/tacklesh...ome.php?cat=259