spawning reports

tinbanger

just wondering if you think its a good or bad idea when we post when fish are spawning in specific areas ( as per my recent updates at Coboconk)

can't help but think theres a lurker out there just waiting to hear when the spawn is on and how they can get away with some OS fish.

I know it may be considered common knowledge but can't help thinkin that I may be making it way to easy for someone too lazy to get off there arse to find out themselves but enough of a jerk ( putting it mildly) to take advantage of the situation .

thoughts ?

TB

I would like to think most people that visit our forum are honest fishermen... and trust me a poacher would not last long here..

That said... I see nothing wrong with that type of post... us as fishermen are interested in fish behaviour as well as fishing for them...

if a poacher is going to poach... it is unlikely he would seek his info out here... as he would do it regardless of what we say..

G

The problem this year is that the water temps are below normal so fish are running late by a week or two, and in some spots the season opens before the fish will be done spawning this year. I wouldn't give a name of any spots anyway, just in case, because this year you won't have to poach to harm the spawn, guys will be there the first day and the fish won't be done. Just my observation, that they won't be done on schedule this year.

I would guess the people that poach walleye seriously wouldn't be waiting for spawning reports on this site. They know whats going on.... Sadly.

I have seen people fishing with a dewworm 'n cork right when the walleyes are in full spawn mode, totally ignorrant to what's going on around them. I doubt those people are using the internet for any sort of information.

At least I have seen an increase of posted NO FISHING signs at the dams this year...

Edited by bassslinger