Down Rigger Install

edmichit

Hey folks, just looking for some suggestions on how best to install a scotty manual rigger that i have.

Where and How. Transom, or port side, either way the mounting plate is wider then either.

any suggestions? hopefully you can see the pictures and understand the problem.

boat is crestliner cv182, i don't plan to add kicker motor either.(i can go maintain under 2mph with 90 merc)

if you cant see these photo's i won't be surprised, as it's the first time for me.

http://picasaweb.google.com/edmichit/Rigge...443530494937730

thanks

web album

Hi Tree30eight,

Have you checked out the optional mounts on Scottys website. This one here might work for you.

http://www.scotty.com/marine/products/prod...ounts/1025.html

There are others as well. All dimensions are given so you can hopefully figure out whats best for you.

I have seen some pictures of guys using the extensions and mounting them to the inside of the boat. (Just be careful drilling around gas tanks and such)

I used Scotty manuals until I got electrics and can tell you it helps to have a good place to stand when you need to crank a 12 lb rigger weight up from 100ft.

AC

I should have looked at the Scotty website, they do offer the mounting system that may work, (and not one of those clamp on types' that you wonder if the whole works will end up at the bottom of the lake....with fish attached)

Thanks also for the thoughts about the height of the rigger, and position for crankin it up.

thanks