Percy Lake

gtmeir

Hi every one, were're going on a fly-in to Percy Lake. Has any one fished that lake? I talked to a few people, but were're going in Aug. of this year. So is the fishing in Aug. as good as spring and fall? Has anyone fished there in the summer? Thank-You and keep on Fishing :Gonefishing:

• 4 years later...

Percy is a widening of the Kapikotongwa (sp?) river. I've never fished Percy but have fished Saga lake just upstream on the same system.

Trust me the entire river system is teeming with walleye, you won't have any issues catching fish especially in June.

I have some second hand info on Percy, for whatever it's worth. I was told it was mostly shallow with some amazing beaches which is nice.

Also the river exiting the lake can be navigated for quite a long way and there's some good fishing to be had in the current.

Where the river enters the lake at the west end is also an obvious spot and will hold lots of fish.

I was also told that fishing around the islands and rockpiles in the west end of the lake were very productive. Sorry can't be any more specific than that.

If it's Leuenberger's outpost you're staying at it's a beauty and it's located right on a gorgeous sandy point.

Here's a short video clip with myself, my dad and my uncle filling our limit with fish to bring home on our last morning at Saga lake (kind of funny commentary from the old guys LOL!). You can rest assured you'll have similar fishing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8yx-pwy1Ecs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>