Product Reviews?

wacky tambaqui

Greetings all.

Occasionally I see threads from posters debating whether to buy "Brand A" or "Brand B" in rods, reels, lines, etc. Usually, there will be a feedback from other posters that may or may not completely answer the original poster's Q.

What I would suggest about it is for anglers to post independent reviews about the hardware that was bought and used on the water, be it good, bad, or otherwise. Maybe a section could be set up on this Forum just for product reviews in order to help anglers make educated choices about their pending purchases. Seeing that this is an Ontario-based Forum, the reviews could be made by Ontario anglers in Ontatrio waters.

In making a report, a disclaimer could be added such as:

"There is no sponsorship by any tackle company here. This is an independent report following the purchase and use of a brand-name product."

The following paragraphs would have the angler's description of how the product performed while out on the water besides whatever application it was used for.

I've searched and read product reviews on the various fishing hardware that's out there but they aren't necessarily specific to Ontario's fishing conditions, needs, and species.

Anyway... just an idea. I welcome your feedback on this proposal.

Tight lines!