Kicker motor install ... need help

krawler

Two options, mount to the transom or mount to the wooden swim platform. motor is a 9.9, brand is yet to be determined. Is it possible to attach it to the swim platform or do i have to cut out a section and mount it to the transom? The platform has two braces attaching it to the transom.

i would prefer to mount to the swim platform.

any tips/ideas/opinions would be great.

also if anyone has mounted kickers to swim platforms and can post some pics, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Krawler

Would depend on how the swim platform is made and how strongly mounted. I had an 8HP Merc on the swim platform of our old 24' Fiberform ...to get us home all the times the OMC shattered drive shafts/gears. Made a simple mount from tube and board that bolted down thru the platform.

Edited by irishfield

You need to make sure the motor is secure, not sure a swim platform would hold up, some are pretty cheap. Mine is mounted to the transom and I have it bolted and locked on. It is joined with my larger motor by way of a steering brace unit and then I am able to steer it from up front. You must make sure you have it at the right height and be solidly secured to the boat which ever way you do it. Now my Lund is a deep boat and my transom most likely won't be like yours. There are many variations.