ice conditions for jacksons point area???

snagmaster

My buddy and I are planning to head out of Willow Beach tomorrow morning - not sure if that is when you were planning on going. We llan to be at the grocery store at the corner of Lake and Kennedy at around 6:30 - 7:00 am to pick up some minnows there. It would be great to have others to go together with - we can try different patterns. I am not comfortable taking my vehicle out there so we are currently planning to walk in - but I do hear there are others taking their vehicles out.

Let me know. Plan on signing off the computer by 4 this afternoon. Feel free to call me. I have pm'd you my cell.

hey woodro

I plan on going at 930 on Firday stright from school after my class is over but not sure of the ice conditions.

will be heading up on friday morning fisher.....PM me if you are going up there on friday as well but not looking to walk out....

hey Matt

Goodluck tomorrow for brookies....you guys going really far? have you been out since the blizzard on simcoe? drivable or no???

I was at Willow Beach on Sat and there were many trucks driving around. There is over 20" of good ice but there are pressure cracks too. A truck did get stuck in one on Sat. Lots of snow to make driving tricky and walking a hard chore. I got skunked out there. I blame it on the weather

Hey Al...

went out yesterday to shanty bay. There I would say no. snow was knee deep. Mid lake MIGHT be different with the winds out there but I doubt it. plus temps for the next couple a days, so Saturday might be a different story. Take a shovel if you go and make sure your phones charged. let me know how you make out..

thanks Matt and skud....getting alot of mixed reviews..but its knee deep in shanty bay, that doesnt sound good....guess i got to wait till thursday night to decide.....

Lay into those Brookies up there Matt its going to be sweet weather and im sure the fish will be on..