Info On Gps Wiht Lake Maps-

bassfighter

Anyone have any advice on the type of GPS that is within $150 and can show Ontario lake maps or rivers and lakes in our vicinity? Ebay has some good prices, but I am still not sure what model to buy?

I heard software or lake maps are quite pricey, and I do not want to accidentally buy one and get caught in buying the pricey software.

Some recommended Lowrance model due to good warranty program.

Thanks for your feedback.

Guest skeeter99

lowrance h2o and what I have the ifinder pro have lake maps of ontario built into them, mind you they are not very detailed or accurate u can be on the water on some lakes and the gps shows u on land. The lowrance is set to the u.s. high detail map with roads and restaurants and gas etc. you if you buy one must select the map u wish to use lowrance has I beleive (i will have to check) 3 different maps (files) loaded onto the stock chip (hardcoded) I believe it is the last 3rd one that has the best detail of ontario, even found some lakes I did not even know were there next to lakes I fish upnorth.

the map create software is okay

but if you can find on ebay or some u.s site they have the navionics gold card (north east great lakes) has all of southern ontario to north bay with hydrographic maps (ie. bottom contours built in) for the more popular lakes and it is very very accurate. I can get on a 60 foot hump on simcoe 5 miles out on a dime fish right on break lines etc.

i got my chip for $199 u.s. bps has them for $299 but have seen better deals around $149 u.s.

imo best investment is the navionics chip, unless u want to spend endless hours creating your own maps

troy

oh forgot about the price

they are about $189 now for the h2o from tackle shops in ontario

so $150 is good unless it is $u.s. plus shipping better off to buy here

troy