Mercury Marine Web Site Named Best in its Category

Spiel

Mercury Marine Web Site Named Best in its Category

Abigail Walker / Feb. 19, 2008

fishingworld.com

FOND DU LAC, WI.... Mercury Marine’s consumer Web site has been recognized by the North American Marine Industry Web Awards competition as the Best Marine Equipment Site.

Winners of the competition were announced at the 2008 Miami International Boat Show, Feb. 14-18. Four judges from inside and outside the marine industry made the selections.

The Mercury Marine website was re-launched in early 2007 with a new look, feel and architecture, offering more intuitive and visually engaging user experience that is easy to understand and navigate. The site features extensive content that helps users easily conduct online product research. In addition, improved product merchandising has enabled users to more easily locate the products they’re seeking.

"Though an avid boater, I know virtually nothing about engines," said Sharon Davison, an award judge who is CEO of web design and consulting firm Red Sky Blue Water. "Yet with the Mercury site, I believe I could make an informed decision about the right motor for my needs. Mercury’s passion for engines comes through with a wealth of information made easily accessible through intuitive functionality."

A recent addition to the Mercury Marine website is extensive engine-performance information housed within the site’s "Look Deeper" section. Mercury Marine’s current advertising and promotion campaigns urge boaters to "Look Deeper" into the results of engine reviews and tests from third-party experts, as well as head-to-head comparisons with competitive products. The site offers information and evidence supporting these advertising statements. The combined effort is an effective and productive integrated campaign that encourages consumers to truly compare essential data.

"I haven’t seen another site in this industry that offers such comprehensive, objective comparative data," said Steve Fleming, director of communications for Mercury Marine. "With the right balance of aesthetics, intuitive site architecture and engaging content, the Mercury Marine website has become a critical success for Mercury Marine. And our site continues to grow every day, which I think is somewhat unique in our industry."

About Mercury Marine

Mercury Marine is the world’s leading manufacturer of recreational marine propulsion engines. A $2.3 billion division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), Mercury and its 6,200 employees worldwide provide engines, boats, services and parts for recreational, commercial and government marine applications. Mercury’s industry-leading brand portfolio includes Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; MotorGuide trolling motors; Mercury and Teignbridge propellers; MotoTron electronic controls; Mercury inflatable boats; Mercury SmartCraft electronics; and Mercury and Quicksilver parts and oils. In 2008, Mercury Marine’s OptiMax engine was ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Two-Stroke Outboard Engines" by J.D. Power and Associates for the third consecutive year.