Ten Mile Lodge

doubleheader

OFC'rs, howdy and good day. I'm looking for some information. I've been asked to join a group this year heading to Ten Mile Lodge for a week. I know this isn't in Ontario, but can any of you fine folks share any experience about this lodge and lake? I've already accepted the invite, which means I'll be spending 3 weeks in your beautiful country this year, but I'd appreciate some information just the same. I'm told it's walleyes and pike. The group fishes mostly walleye. Thanks a lot.

What time of the year are you going there ?? I fished the walleye opener at Dumoine Lake 10 years in a row. incredible fishery. Our worst year between 8 guys 3 days of fishing was 325 walleyes. unless you are going to fish ten mile lake then I haven;t fished that one.

Rich and Patty run an amazing place there. Wait till you see the main Lodge. What beautiful work he did on that place.

Edited by wallyboss

I concur regarding Lac Dumoine, decent fishing and relatively cheap. I fished Dumoine once years ago in July and we did quite well.

The only thing I can add, the drive in on the Maniwaki Rd. past Kipawa took over 3 hours and was pretty rough. Not sure what it's like now, hopefully it's better.

Parkline camp is on Dumoine lake. If the spawn is a bit late then you will be about 5-10 minutes by boat to all the fish you can catch. what you will ahve to do though is buy a pass to fish in Laverendrye Park. I think it is around $15.00/day. but if you think of fishing anywhere north of your camp you will need the pass. Cause that is why the camp is called Parkline . it's right on the line of where the Park starts. The river is called Orignal(moose) River. But due east of your camp there is a small island, so with a good wind you drift jig and leeches and catch a lot there too. Your camp has a nice sandy beach. we used to be a cedar point camp.

Pm me your e-mail address and I will try to send you a google map of the area with some of my spots on it. If you go up the river keep an eye on your sonars, there is a couple of holes between the mouth of the river and the first set of rapids. Anchor at those holes when you can't find any anywhere else. there is also a good drifting area between the first set of rapids and the second one. You can't go past the second one.

The first set of rapids are easy to go over. Just go in the middle between the center of the rapids and the west shore. Then you mototr up to the next set and then you just cut the motors and drift down with jig and leeches. what I found at that time of the year on Dumoine is that just a the sun is setting the walleyes stop going after the jigs but you will slaughter them with crankbaits in the narrow part of the mouth of the river.

Ten Mile Lake is mostly fished for trout.

Edited by wallyboss