Some Help Needed

Evenin' All,

I had my parents over for dinner tonight and I spent a great deal of time talking with my father about many of the fishing adventures we had. One that really sticks out in my mind was a spring trip we took with a family friend. I remember, it was about 12-14 years ago and we went down to the Sauble River, i'm not sure were. I'm hoping if I describe the area, someone on the board would know where i'm talking about.

I remember that we followed a back road, possibly dirt, to an old church. The road continued a little ways past the church to a bridge where we parked. There was a small park, i think, or it was someone's huge backyard. Anyway, this pool was incredible and i could see several 'bow that were trophy size that wouldn't hit anything I threw at them....anyway I have no idea where this could be. Neither could my father, and the family friend his since passed on.

So, i looked on a map to maybe get an idea of where we were, but i couldn't really pin point where we were because i was too familiar as to how far the spring rainbows run up the Sauble.

Anyway, if anyone can help, let me know, it would be nice to take my dad back up there since he hasn't been on the water in probaby 5 years or so.

Thanks,

Dave

Guest skeeter99

yep I know where you are talking

that is a special place

that is shore spot "W" classified in about 20 years it will be unclassified and you can know where it is LOL!!!!

sorry I just had tooo!!!! :thumbsup_anim::P:devil:

I don't know it this is the spot but I'll tell you of one area that's close to that description. If the church was on the far right hand corner ( N-E corner ) of an intersection and was very close to the road allowance, then it might have been the old Zion-Amabel United churh at the intersection of Bruce County Roads # 14 & 8. At that time, 14 might still have been gravel. It's paved now. County 8 is the road between Hepworth and Sauble Beach and has been paved for years. If you keep going North on the side road ( # 14 ends at # 8 ) you come to the Sauble River about 1.5 Km. North of the church.