stinky spawn

sconceptor

Do you think really stinky spawn is still good for steelheading? I don't mean, a slight off odour. I mean, almost need to wear a gas mask to tie the spawn sacs! The smell is worse than the worst used babies daiper! To quote "Anchorman"...."it smells like bigfoot's dick". Hahaha

I don't like to keep mature females, just for eggs, so I buy my spawn. I'd prefer to only keep one or two small fish per year. I like to buy in bulk, and sometimes it doesn't last too long. Also, some store's curing process smells odd too(too chemically, too cured, etc). I don't think these smells are much of a concern.....but how about that really funky, nasty, smell they get when they're past their due?

I wish I had more time to test my stinky spawn this past winter and thaw we just had! Maybe I'll still be using the stinky stuff in the spring, though.

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,

What are they feeding you?

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat

It's not your fault

They won't take you to the vet

You're obviously not their favorite pet

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat,

It's not your fault

stinky spawn, stinky spawn,

Where are they keeping you?

It's not your fault

They must be keeping you on a plate

You're obviously not their favorite bait

It's not your fault

oops my mind wandered

oh sorry, I can't help

Edited by Terry

Myself and the group of fellas I steelhead with wont use stinky rotting roe. That doesnt mean it wont catch fish! but I would say your lowering your chances of catching fish.I have far more success with good roe. If my roe is crap I would rather use worms! never much liked store cured roe, (or store roe for that matter)buy it uncured and treat it yourself.

Ryan