Spec North of Huntsville

Casey123

Hi,

Just wondering how many ppl here head North of Huntsville (I preffer Forest TOwer ROad area) for specs.

I have some sweet little lakes close to the main forestry roads that produce really well.

Wouldn't mind heading up with a few ppl., if anyone else fishes that area, maybe we could fish my lake and yours.

Best regards,

You shold take a drive of Forestry Tower Road. I will shoot you a PM next time we are heading up to do some Hard water fishing.

There are some great little spec lakes on the the NOrth Side of Forestry Tower Road.

If you stop at a map store in Toronto, (I use Rose's in Burlington) and get a decent topo map of the area you will see all of the logging roads, trails and maps.

In the winter we see very few people around up there, maybe 4 or 5 other sleds in a day. In the spring(before Algonquin visitors) it is the same.

Good luck, and maybe we wil see you up there some time.

Hi Masterb8t nice area up there. I don't have any of my own lakes up there but would love to try a few. The problem is Forest Tower Road is so long it would take weeks to fish by trial and error. Any suggestion or even if you want to wet a line with a buddy system would be great. My time is a little limited with the new addition to the family but it's all good, I got him watching weekend fishing shows with me. He cracks up when they pull the fish in for the photo opt. Thanks in advance, if it's easier you can PM me.

Brookster

Hey Brookster,

I will look at my map and shoot you one of the branch roads to check out, will save you 2 weeks of trial and error. The lakes are really small soI am not going to shoot a specific lake name out there.

"Next time I am heading up I will shoot you a line.

Theres a couple small lakes around the Teapot/ Camp Lake area that I have tried ... one in particular that I have never been able to find in the winter (I dont own a sled or truck and its about a half mile off the road)... it borders right on the park and I have had some luck from shore in the summer, but the roads are a bit dodgy in that area ... would love to go for some hard water specks/splake - so PM me if you are ever looking for some company.

I am in the big smoke but cottage in the muskokas and happy to drive for a good outing :)