Penetang Bay

Beans

While driving past the bay on our way to Maureen's for an early dinner I noticed about 20 or 30 huts all grouped close together on the north/west corner and open water on the south/west corner...What species would they be after out there ???

Pike huh? I may have to wander out there one day and give it a go. I'm told that you can get Herring there and in Midland Bay, but the Herring apparently only stick around for a short while? and I don't think I have what they like, I understand they can be fussy :dunno: Tried it a couple of years ago and got nothing but a skunk :P

Maureen

If you're into Pike, than that is a great spot for you to go. I've never caught any Herring in Penetang Bay, However....just around the corner in the much deeper water....Lake Trout grounds....that is where we've had luck catching the Herring. Hundreds of them just a foot or so under the ice....its quite an amazing site.

Guest gbfisher

The open water is a creek that flows out. Water depth is shallow and very weedy. The locals use rakes to weed out an area under their hut. They have been out for weeks now..... :

Jim has his hut out there Azulu.