New Avg(nf)

taper

I downloaded the new version of AVG and ever since I can't seem to connect to limewire. Ilooked in the help section of limewire and it sais toadd an exception for limewire but I can't find where to do this. It is already in my exceptions for my windows firewall program in the control panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you did what GBfisher said and still no luck, then this might help you.

Which Avg product? Antivirus? Anti Spyware? What version?

The Anti Spyware that Avg has now was called Ewido Anti-Malware and owned by a German based company called Ewido. Ewido Anti-malware was bought by the AVG maker Grisoft and is now called AVG Anti-Spyware.

If it is the Avg Anti-Spyware that you are using and you want to make an exception then open Avg Anti-Spyware and at the top of the page you will see all the Menu Icons. Click on "Infections" and this will take you to "Quarantine" Tab. Beside the Quarantine tab you will see the "Exceptions" tab, click on it and at the bottom left you will see "Add Rule" button. When you click on Add Rule a small window will pop up and ask for the name of the threat or the path to the threat that you want to ignore. Fill that out and click ok.

I have the payware version of Avg Anti-Spyware and have never had to put in an exception, but then again I have never had Limewire on my PC either. I just hope that by making an exception for Limewire you are not setting yourself up for a lot of spyware hurt in the future, so make sure you have a version of Limewire that has no spyware on it.

If it is the Avg Anti-virus program that you installed and causing your problem you will have to get info from someone who uses it.

Tom