Gidday Newbie Ramble On

Moosebunk

Name says it all. Ramble On... :w00t:

Dave's a young lad who's guided up at Kesagami for a few years and fishes the Al-Gonk Park and other locales around the B-ville area. Last year at the lodge I met Dave and was happy to get to know this fella a little. All humour all the time, and a prankster along with one of my buddy's up here in the Moose who's also a Kesagami guide.

Welcome aboard Dave. Looking forward to some summer reports from ya, maybe some hardwater too.

talking about reports whens the next one from you? you know we really enjoy them. i saw a show the other day about the the missinaibi river, quite impressive..

Missinaibi at Hell's Gate/Thunderhouse Falls area for an opener is on the long list of life's ambitions. Had I not cracked my skeg end of season... I'd almost be tempted to make the 220km treck from here to get there. Take a full two 10-11 hour days of travelling with the 15, another guy and a full load.

Anyway, haven't fished much but, maybe all throw something different up over the weekend. Thanks.

Thanks for the intro Bunk lol.

Yeah T.J. I was their when you where you were. We chatted once or twice but i think i was pretty busy while you were in camp.

There was someone else up their that i rescued late one afternoon when his motor died...i forget his name... but im pretty sure he was a member of the forum.

Anyway

Good to be here, thanks for the welcome.

-Ramble

Missinaibi at Hell's Gate/Thunderhouse Falls area for an opener is on the long list of life's ambitions. Had I not cracked my skeg end of season... I'd almost be tempted to make the 220km treck from here to get there. Take a full two 10-11 hour days of travelling with the 15, another guy and a full load.

Anyway, haven't fished much but, maybe all throw something different up over the weekend. Thanks.

until the ice freezes up time to get the sleds out and ride my new baby

Yeah Bunk he was with his wife. lol They have no idea how luckey they were that day. I think that i was the only person ever to head down into their after 4pm last year and I only went once lol. Those motors have definatly seen better days....im keeping my fingers crossed for new 4-strokes this year....or at least some new 2's.

-Ramble

• 1 month later...

Oh I know how lucky we were. I was badly hungover that day after taking in Float's impromptu midnight fishing clinic with the Loblaw's boys. Alcohol was flowing freely and up there free alcohol was something to take note of.

The next morning my head was pounding at it was 7 degrees with driving wind. We did catch one nice pike but we had decided to head back early that day because basically I was pooched and the weather was so crumby. Also the lodge never removed my tacklebox from the plane and we were fishing with crap lures. We head out into the wind and the motor conks...then we get pushed to shore and rocked by the waves. It looked very very grim. My wife had never gone fishing anywhere. This was our first day and it wasn't a good start. They wouldn't have sent anyone looking for us until after 8pm so if we were lucky the rescue would have been around 10pm or later.

IMGP0058.jpg

You can make out Ramble-on in the photo. In the pic you can see how pleased my wife was to get rescued. Dinner time was approaching after all and it was darn cold and wet out there. She laughed when she saw your post. The rescue was a trip maker for us...the lost first day due to weather...the lost tacklebox....the zonked motor...all negatives and then the great rescue. We are indebted to you!

Edited by scuro

If it makes you feel any better my 1st year up their i had a motor do the same thing on the very last day of the year and we were on the main lake. According to charlie there is money ear marked for motors this year....i assure you that the entire staff is excited lol.... even those who arn't returning this up coming season lol.

You are hardly indebted to me... the weather was BRUTAL that day anyway and nobody was enjoying it really...you're rescue gave me something else to do lol.

-Ramble