Qunite Yesterday

tizfun

Hey Gang, Great to hear everyone has great time at the G2G and just wanted to let you know that you were all in my thoughts that weekend as I was out shopping with the family..

Decided to Quinte one last shot yesterday not caring too much about the rain, just wanted the winds to die down.. Lanched at the Ferry @ 8:00am and didn't know whether to troll or use live bait.. Flipped the coin, and it was off to Shermans Point to drift live bait..

Winds were perfect for drifting as the winds were pushing us from the point directly to the red channel marker.. Rigged my old reliable (floating jig with a walking weight) and in our first 2 mins of drifting, I get a solid hit.. (14 ft depth)This is a bonus and I thought we were in for a great day..

Here's my first fish after 2 mins of fishing..

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

On our second pass, just as we got near the marker (18 ft depth), I feel a bump, then some solid weight.. Set the hook and we're on another fish.. 6.2 on the digital scale

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

Since we were doing well here we decided to stay for most of the day.. Drifted the same passes another god only knows how many times and nothing.. Well, the winds picked up after 1:00 pm and decided to troll our way back.. Stopped by Thompson's Point for a little jigging and got one hit and it was gone.. Bye now the rain is coming down nicely and our wind gods just wouldn't let up on us.. Now it's 3:00 pm and I'm wet, tired and in need of a Timi's coffee.. Boated back and made the ferry across by 3:30...

Great day for me, buddy got skunked again.. Quinte and him really don't see eye to eye...

Time to put the boat away, Will hold off if someone wants to buy it..

Tiz