VHF radio/antenna deal at BPS

icefisherman

Here is what I just found:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...mp;cmid=PP_P1_1

Does anyone know if this is a good radio, will it perform well with the 8' antenna and is it a good deal for US119.98 ??

Wonder what it'll cost here in the Canadian Bass Pro?

Someone was asking for a VHF in another post. Maybe this could work for them too.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Don,

I did look at Cabelas but seems like the BPS deal is a better one.

You can get similar radio from Cabelas for $99 and add 3' antenna for only $19.99 so total is about the same as BPS but I preffer the 8' antenna and you can not get it cheap at Cabelas. By the time you add 8' antenna from them total price goes way up. And you are right I've been checking on those antennas for a while and they normally are $70-$80 each. So this seems a good deal as long as this radio is decent quality?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I see that now - just saw the page as I was flipping through it and thought I would post it - I have 3 radios already - so I didn't even look at the prices.

Don't think for that price, you can go to far wrong. It is a basic radio, has the emergency features and has 1 watt low and 25 watt high output - should be all you'll ever need.

Don

Shipping will be stated right on BPS's website when you check out. What it won't show you is the 14% tax at the border and if the radio is made offshore...like it most likely is...there is import duty as well...somewhere between 5 and 8.5%.

How does BPS ship cross border orders? I used to get dive gear sent up and sometimes I'd get nailed for brokerage fees too.

JF