Will wonders never cease?

JohnF

... together tomorrow. If you can believe it, my non-fisherperson wife has actually suggested that we take off in the car and explore the Grand River for possible fishing spots for me to try. She even printed off maps. We're only 30 minutes or so from KW or Paris so it's a reasonable drive for a morning or evening run for me.

I'm getting a little tired of the same old scenery on the Thames between Stratford and London and would like to see some new riverbanks. That's not to say the smallies aren't fun and plentiful around home but I think they all know me by name now. They don't even squirm when I stick my thumb in their little mouths any more. Familiarity breeds contempt, and I think those boys are getting just a little too familiar.

Suggestions of spots to check out are welcome ( I keep secrets well) and access points with parking. C&R suits me best, and barbless hooks.

I'm also open to meeting up with any of the members here who want to show me around new territory. I'm into wading, wet or dry. My work hours are very flexible so mid-week stuff is fine. I'd like to add some new species to my card. In my two summers of fishing around home I've been limited to a variety of bass (sm, lm, & rock), with the occasional small pike. We have lotsa carp but I haven't bothered with them yet although I'm tempted.

No flyfishing yet although I've got some gear. That'll be next year's learning curve.

I know this should go in the other section but I was so impressed with my wife's offer that I wanted to brag about her to all of you. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

Thanks. Tomorrow we'll head up Elora way and work south. I don't expect to get in much fishing with her along anyway. This is more a chance to scout out likely entry places and promising looking venues. I'll take some gear just in case but I won't be too disappointed if I don't get into the water. The thing I forgot to mention is that she thinks we should canoe the length of the Grand next summer doing it in stages. She says she'll drive the canoe if I want to fish along the route. But I'm also looking for spots for me to get out by myself later. Exploring is always fun.

I'm also hoping to get my son to join me on some of these runs. He actually got a license this year and borrowed some of my gear so he could wet a line when he was on vacation near Huntsville. As long as he has no house reno projects ongoing, no music gigs, no dates and no golf games or lessons scheduled he might join me. Given that he's a handsome young golf professional who plays in a band and owns his own house (dubbed by his buddies as the ultimate bachelor pad) the odds of finding times when he has none of the above scheduled are slim to nil, but a father can only hope. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the headsup on the soupy conditions.

JF