Tip-up's Ice Fishing Adventures 2006/2007

tip-up

To Ottawa Folks...

PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED ONTO THE ICE UNTIL THIS WARM WEATHER PASSES THROUGH THIS WEEK...BY TOMORROW NIGHT, THERE WILL BE NO SAFE ICE ANYWHERE :cry: UNFORTUNATLY WE ARE GOING TO JUST HAVE TO WAIT IT OUT GUYS :wink: AGAIN, THE ICE WILL NOT BE SAFE AS OF TONIGHT..BE SMART, BE SAFE...

-Andrew

I could not wait to get this thread started :) Thought it might be a bit easier to just keep all my reports under a single thread <_<

No a better feeling than punching that first hole :) Might be the last one until after Christmas :angry:

Did a little ice check on a few spots in and around Quebec this morning to find nothing but ''Bad'' ice everywhere :shock: ..Most shorelines were crap and made it impossible to take a step on...Eventually, I found a nice little spot just south of Aylmer that looked as though it could support skinny me and a few items :) I drilled my first hole about 8 feet out from shore to find 4'' of clear black ice.. :roll: Move about another 5 feet and found 3''.... :shock: .. ''Don't walk another step'' I told myself and proceeded back to the car to grab a rod rigged with 2lbs fluro, and a Genz bug with Techni-glo tail...My plans were not to drop a line in the water today, but I could not resist :) ..Not expecting anything to show up on the vex, this little guy came up off othe bottom and took a little nip at my jig..bad idea :D Wahooo, first fish through the ice this year! A little perch 8)...Stayed for only about 10 minutes then had to go home..Sorry for the really bad shots I took today, I was rushing and my hands were numb..Enjoy

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

Not bad for an ice check :)

Aw..must have found nice to get that first little bit of ice fishing in. I can't wait to hit the hard water for some fish but it looks like around here (southern ontario) we will have to be waiting a long while. Today it is 6 out and this week is supposed to have highs of 10. Oh well it is definetly worth the wait. Good job to you!!!!