Weekend Report (More Goose and Duck)

Entropy

Weekend Report (More Goose and Duck)

My buddy showed up at my place at 4:30am Saturday; I still had not finished making coffee and lunch, nor had I even visited the dumper before he was pulling into the driveway. He said he was so excited to about going out hunting again that he could not sleep!!! So, after waking up a few times; at 3am he decided to start getting ready. I turned on the ‘afterburner’ and got the last few items of my gear into the truck, and we headed out.

When we got to our location there were a couple of guys with a couple of dogs, WITH A BOAT FULL OF DECOYS AND WATER. Turns out they too were in a hurry and forgot to put the plug in. LOL, ..... They got their boat under way and I ended up knocking my canoe off the roof racks and it came smashing down on the ground; I thought I had tore off the mirror but to my surprise it was still attached to the door!! (As I got in the vehicle to go to work this morning I noticed it put a small dent behind the rear window, I guess it will fit in with the few other dents from similar incidents)

Talked to ‘Takem’ on FRS ch1 a few times too. It was good to hear you got a couple of birds. Are you going to be around this weekend? Maybe we can team up on Saturday morning?

The actions was not nearly as fast as that of last Saturday, but by the end of the hunt we had 4 Geese and 5 Ducks; which is a successful hunt, but in comparison to last time, it was .... slow.

Yesterday I did up a couple mallards in the crock-pot with potatoes, red pepper, and some apples, with a bit of rosemary and Montreal Steak Specie on the ducks. It ended up tasting more like roast beef with the texture of chicken, than having a distinctly duck flavor. I think next time I’ll leave the skin on (although that seems like an awful lot of plucking) and roast them in the oven stuffed with onion and other good stuff.

Looking forward to this weekend !!

Entropy

My canoe is at my parents house in Orangeville, my boat is a 17.5 foot bowrider, so it doesn't really fall into the small boat category. :(

I could definatly take an afternoon off though. Gotta ask around maybe one of my neighbors has a canoe I could get my hands on.