Point au Baril long weekend

snagmaster

hey guys, I havent been on here much the passed few weeks cause ive been busy with school. Im headin up to point au baril on thanksgiving longweekend for our anual fishing and hunting trip. Ive only fished the area around pleasent cove resort once in the summer. Was wondering if anyone had any tips about the areas fishing . Is there a good population of smallmouth or largemouth? I hear the pike and walleye fishing is great there in the fall. Can anyone back this up ...I apreciate any help anyone may have . I will be fishing 15 min north of point au baril.

thanks guys and good luck on the water

15 min north is where Britt,I heard the MAG river Georgian Bay is having big troubles the Magnetewan Indian Reserve pumping station is dumping large amounts of clorine in the water ive heard its as far as 7 miles out the river so far NOT good ,anyhow we fished Pointe au baril ,Shawanaga and Sturgeon Bay last weekend and got skunked bad

Pointe au Baril can be tough this time of the fall, most of the pike and walleyes don't come in till later in the fall. If you go outto Shawanaga river try where it opens up inot a large lake like areaa and use lindy rigs for eyes.

Beware a large rock that is right at the the narrow entrance to it. ouch!!!

Everyone seems to have had a tough go of it out there, here is a little good news for you, even though we were up there 1st week of September, when you are coming out of pleasent cove my brother in law caught them in the farthest bay to the right. Some really good weeds and dropoffs.

10 lbs pike

Anthony10lbpikepointofBarril-1.jpg

anthony4lbsbasspointofbarril-1.jpg

Good luck

There's nothing up here. :) No' it is tough, always. There is depth changes weed beds/ drop offs, scowles, gravel, boulders, current, every type of hiding/feeding spots you could imagine all over the place so finding them is always difficult even if you fish here all year, I've never been able to pin point or track to accurately, but if you know the water temp from recent years that's the best you can do to locate them, even then it's not for sure, never is.