rod and reel purchase advice

ntgrk

Hi guys

I think its time to add a second rod I currently have a ugly stick lite with a abu garcia 103 reel I was currently looking at the bps flyer and they have the bionic blade for 69 bucks and a browning citori spinning reel for 80 bucks I have only been fishing for a couple of years . I am trying to avoid duplication with the rod so i am looking for medium to heavy action . ...how is this real compare to a quantum or shimano in the same price range?

thanks in advace

Edited by ntgrk

I don't have much experience with the BPS stuff you are asking about, but I have used a few Browning reels. There are ok. I find them too heavy and clunky. I like Quantum's higher level reels. Abu Garcia makes a decent reel in the $50-80 range, but I forget what its called (even though I have one on my ultra light). Personally, I'd go to your local fishing shop and see what they have in stock. I've never been too impressed with BPS rod/reel combos. For the money you are willing to spend you could get a better combo than what you are looking at. IMO

Hi guys

I think its time to add a second rod I currently have a ugly stick lite with a abu garcia 103 reel I was currently looking at the bps flyer and they have the bionic blade for 69 bucks and a browning citori spinning reel for 80 bucks I have only been fishing for a couple of years . I am trying to avoid duplication with the rod so i am looking for medium to heavy action . ...how is this real compare to a quantum or shimano in the same price range?

thanks in advace

I have a few better quality rods for sale in the classifieds. Check them out.

Daniel

OCH

Here is a great set up that wont break the bank.ROD Shimano convergance 7ft med action.REEL Shimano Sedona 2500rb.The reel has a dual drag system and for appx $69.00 this reel is super smooth and has a antireverse.The Shimano Convergance will run about $59.99,So for about $130.00 You will have great setup.Here are acouple links to these.Dan

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Read the reviews on those links as well.

Edited by Percher