Fall Fishing Festival With Pics

smokinall4s

Hi all,

Well, all I have to say about today is BURRRRR.

We were up early and the kids weren't to happy about that. But told them that we were going fishing today and that we had to take the Go Train to get there and "puff" they were dressed and ready to go. Weird how that works :dunno: . So we headed out and should have gone back in for jackets instead of zipped sweaters. Got on the train and it was my daughters first time on the train and she loved it. Second time for son and he loved it too. Got to the Ex and walked to Ontario Place and once inside we found where the fishing festival was. The kids each got a Facts of Fishing t-shirt (which I put over top of the sweaters). They each also got a goodie bag and some worms.

Goodie bags had a Bass Pro hat, a Little Mepps (looks like one) lure, stickers, Shimano sunglass holders, Yamaha lip balm with holder, Yamaha necklace key holder, Eagle Claw hooks, rod tie down rope, a floating fish and a pen. Lots of stuff.

We then proceeded to the fishing spot which I found out wasn't stocked but still there were sunfish, rock bass, small mouth and catfish. There were alot of people already there but we managed to find a spot. Set up the kids with their rods but nothing for the first 30 minutes. Everyonce in awhile Dave Mercer would talk for a bit and he even walked around and greeted everyone and asked how they were doing.

Eventually my daughter pulled in the first fish, a sunfish. 5 minutes later she pulled in another sunfish and a local paper guy gets some pics of her with the fish. My son caught nothing but Gobys, but he didn't care, it was fish. We eventually packed up and there was an outdoor boat show so we checked out the show. My son kept bugging me to buy us a boat. I said that we will get one when we can.

We had lunch and then the kids had an ice cream, go figure. While they ate their ice cream we checked out the Chinese Lantern Festival that was also going on. Would have like to see that at night but way to cold during the day so staying for the night wasn't an option.

We then headed back and we tried our luck again at the fishing but the kids just wanted to play. So I fished with my son's rod and I caught a few rock bass. A kid beside us pulled in a just under 2lb catfish, nice fish. We then packed it up and we headed out. On the way out we met up with Dave Mercer and he asked my daughter if she caught anything. She started counting 1-2-5 fish, Dave said wow lots of fish. He asked my son and he said 2, he is just too honest when it comes to fishing telling. Dave then signed 2 baseball like cards with his picture on them for them. They loved that. My son then asked him what the biggest fish he has ever caught. He said a 250+ shark. My son liked that. They also got a Facts Of Fishing Certificate just for being there for the day.

We then got on the Go Train and we stopped at Union station and I took the kids to see the CN Tower. They have never seen it in person and they thought it was cool. Told them we'll go up it another day. We then headed home on the train and then we all had naps once we were finally home.

Today was a GREAT day dispite the cold weather and I hope to get out with them again next weekend.

Here's a few pics of my daughter with her fish and of the Chinese Lantern Festival.

Bye for now.

FallFestival.jpg

FallFestival2.jpg

FallFestival3.jpg

FallFestival4.jpg

FallFestival5.jpg

Where did yas get the Facts Of Fishing shirts?

We got the shirts just for being in the kids derby that Dave Mercer put on for the day. I'm tell ya that all of the kids made out like little bandits between the t-shirts and grab bags. We thanked Dave when we saw him when we were leaving for a great day. He's a great guy.