ROOKIE!

kemper

Haven't had the drift rod out in quite some time, but I had an hour to kill between dinner and heading to the girlfriend's so I decided to head down to the trib to try my luck with some salmon.

Twenty minutes in im in a complete daydream while drifting a pool that is very clearly full of salmon, smart move eh? As im looking at the opposite bank i think to myself, self, you should probably look for your float. So I look for my float, hey, float, where are you!?

This process takes aout 7-8 seconds to register in my dozed state, and it is the sight of a beautiful brown trout rocketing out of the water towards me with my roe in its yap that brings me back to reality. CRAP! So i reel in the slack like a madman, but I already knew this move was in vain and I was right as the brown threw my roe bag and dissapeared back into the depths.

I thought it was a little early for browns myself, but if there is some in there ill be breakin out the 4 lb leaders and tiny hooks because id rather drift trout than salmon any day!

Thought id share what NOT to do while drifting...

Thats definatly a respectable brown!

This one was in the 8 pound range, and im still kicking myself for not being prepared. Its ok though, I had a little chat with the river and told mr. brown that i would be back tonight and not be so forgiving.

Haven't had the drift rod out in quite some time, but I had an hour to kill between dinner and heading to the girlfriend's so I decided to head down to the trib to try my luck with some salmon.

Twenty minutes in im in a complete daydream while drifting a pool that is very clearly full of salmon, smart move eh? As im looking at the opposite bank i think to myself, self, you should probably look for your float. So I look for my float, hey, float, where are you!?

This process takes aout 7-8 seconds to register in my dozed state, and it is the sight of a beautiful brown trout rocketing out of the water towards me with my roe in its yap that brings me back to reality. CRAP! So i reel in the slack like a madman, but I already knew this move was in vain and I was right as the brown threw my roe bag and dissapeared back into the depths.

I thought it was a little early for browns myself, but if there is some in there ill be breakin out the 4 lb leaders and tiny hooks because id rather drift trout than salmon any day!

Thought id share what NOT to do while drifting...

LOL, They always bite when your not apyign attention. Happened to me a few times. Haven't been oout at the creeks yet but will defitnatley tryt his week. Thanks for the report!