Do you always fish for a specific type of fish?

myst

When fishing in a lake with Muskie, Walleye, Pike, Perch, Bass, Whitefish, do most people only target one type of fish, or do most lures pretty much just catch whatever is biting? I've used worms most of the times I've went fishing, and you pretty much catch everything with that.

If so, what are the best lures for each species? I would like to catch muskie, but from what I read on these forums it's pretty unlikely to catch one, especially for unexperienced fishermen. Maybe some big pike? It's Lake Nipissing.

Also, in your opinions, what are the best fish to eat? Thanks!

we almost always are targetting a particular species ,unfortunatly the fish don't always know that :rolleyes:

We have however had interesting 'no targetted 'catches ,first muskie ( buzzbait bass fishing) first carp ( senko bass fishing).

As far as Muskie goes the fish of a thousand casts seems understated .but I will catch my first one this fall :blahblah1::blahblah1:

Best fish to eat ,we enjoy pike and perch fall thru to spring , one ot two feed of smallmouth while interior camping . Personally I find Walleye a bit overrated as far as eating goes and prefer the fight of 30" plus pike or Simcoe smallies .

TB

mostly I don't target, but the lures that I use (tubes, jigs, plastic worms) will work on most species. Sometimes you get more than you bargain for. Look at the center walleye. See the wounds on his back, on the way to the boat he became musky bait

Musky_bite_1.JPG