Some Stoney Advice

Cookslav

Never been to Stoney....

Been on several Kawartha lakes (Buckhorn, Chemong, & Pigeon) but not Stoney until now.

I'm Gonna hit the water this week, and could use a little advice as far as colors, depths and bait recomendations if anyone

is willing to share some experience with a fellow OFC'r :whistling::D

We will be working the burleigh falls area primarily (Am through to the PM...got one day and plan to use it to the fullest!!!)

Be it a post or a PM I'd be eternaly gratefull, and bound to repay the favor if/when I can.

Cheers,

Just use CAUTION when navigating the lake. Make sure you have a good map of the lake. There's alot of unmarked shoals and rock just below the water. The lake is known to eat up props and lower units. There's

endless islands to fish and troll around for the toothy critters. Good Luck!!

I fished Stoney last Friday and the lake is in excellent shape, bright green, healthy weeds and nice clean water. Some of the shallower weeds are slime covered, but once you get down a few feet everything is good.

Water temps ranged from about 67-70 F

I'd suggest coming east of Burliegh to the Hells Gate area and work the many, many islands you'll see there, specially the ones the have green weed surrounding them and deep water not too far away.

You'll find some deep channels all thru the area winding around the rocks.

There are also many humps in the area that rise up from the bottom and drop off again very quickly, and many that have good weed growth around them and are definetely worth trolling around or casting over.

Large weighted Suicks, Double "D's" or Bobbies jerked around the rocks, along with big bucktails and spinnerbaits could bring a smile to your face ;)

As mention by mart, it can be a nasty lake with many hidden surprises if your not familiar with it and a good map or GPS chart is a must.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

........Oh, and BTW, I got skunked on Friday, so you may want to take my advice and toss it out with the morning trash :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by lew