west lake / east lake advice

frozen-fire

So, my girlfriend has decided we should go cottaging around the Sandbanks area before the start of the school year. She booked the place for a few days and we'll be enjoying the beaches, scenery, hikes, and most importantly, some fishing.

I've been to West Lake before, but this was way back in the day. I'm interested in knowing where I could rent from and which places people prefer. Should I be spending more time on East or West? I'm thinking I'll have a better time at West, but I'm really not sure. Any particular good places to try? I'll probably be targetting whatever I can catch... pike, walleyes, bass, crappies.

...I'm in serious need of getting into a couple fish, after getting skunked at Port Hope and again at Scugog :(.

Thanks in advance!

you can rent a boat in Wellington, that's on West Lake. i've fished that lake since i was about 8 or 10 years old, and i don't get skunked very often. from what i understand West lake has a better quantity of fish and also a better chance of getting a bigger sized fish as well, but i've never fished East lake before, so i'm just going by what i'm told. ask the bait store owner where to fish, they're usually pretty good at giving out the hot spots. good luck and i want a report when you get back :)

West lake Willows has rentals and all that stuff... Scott should be able to give you some good advice.. I know we had lots of luck trolling HJ's and drifting harnesses in there... also depending on which way you go you should stop by Carra outdoors in Belleville... Talk to them in there and they'll set you up... Good luck!