Smaller lake recommendations around Bracebridge?

Burning Babies

Hi. My name's Chris. I'm planning on taking my first vacation in about four years late this month, fishing around the Bracebridge area. I only have a 14' semi-v boat (with a 15 hp outboard), so I'd like to find some smaller water to fish (maybe between 100 and 1000 acres). I'm mostly looking for largemouth and smallmouth bass opportunities, but I'd like to try and hook into some northern pike and walleye as well. I'm more than happy to go a little off the beaten path, as long as I can drive an SUV in. Any recommendations would be much appreciated, and water color/quality/depth/etc info would be useful as well.

By way of introduction, I have just finished a MS studying saugeye stocking in Ohio reservoirs, and am currently a research technician at Ohio State University. I've been an avid bass fisherman for twenty years, and have some experiece fishing for a range of other species. This year I haven't been out much, so I can't provide much of a fishing report (not that this will be particularly useful to you guys). I fished a small, heavily fished lake in Columbus last week when we were getting a lot of rain, and managed to catch six bass. Most came off the deep edge of a sparse weedline, in maybe six feet of water, fishing a light version of a carolina rig. Mostly dinks, but one 20" fish. All caught and released.

Antrim20inchbassII.jpg

Anyway, pleased to meet you.